Some days are just drab and grey and dull. Those days where you wish you could just stay curled up in bed and ignore the world. I don’t know about you, but I’ve been having one of those days today. It’s the middle of the week and I’m feeling the need for some cheering up.
Luckily I found a collection of golden delights to bring a bit of sunshine into my day! A lovely print to brighten up the room, a sun dress to feel a little pretty, a pillow rest my head on, a brilliant notebook (my favourite!) to write down some clever ideas and an adorable little pot to cook up some dinner. I’m feeling better already!
ONE/ Bon Appetite / Edubarba /$13
TWO/ Sunny Side Up Dress / Fox Parse /$60
THREE/ Ampersand Pillow / The Art Room /$55
FOUR/’I Make Stuff’ Notebook /oelwein /$9
FIVE/ Yellow Aluminium Fondu Pot / Two Story Vintage /$10
ONE/ Gold Hook on Silver Chain / MIANSAI / $120
When you realise you’ve started to run out of coat hangers, it may be time to clear out your wardrobe. At least that’s what I like to think! Recently I’ve noticed that I’m constantly running out of room to hang all my clothes - which is ridiculous because I don’t even wear half of them!
As a result I decided to sort my clothes into groups and only keep the clothes that I like or wear the most. It became abundantly clear while I was doing this that I definitely have favourite “go to” colours; one of the worst offenders being different shades of Grey. Around a fifth of my clothes are some variation of grey… But can you blame me when there are so many Grey goodies to be had!?
ONE / Rib Two Bob Beanie / ASOS / $17
TWO / Pyrameter Ring / Tobi / $12
THREE / Metal Bar Detail Envelope Clutch / ASOS / $30
FOUR / Misty Grey Nail Polish / Forever 21 / $2.80
FIVE / Cabana Stripe Duvet Cover / Urban Outfitters / $79
SIX / Runway to Reality Heel / Mod Cloth / $240
SEVEN / Versus Open Back Print Tee / Nordstrom / $103
Chevron, Chevron, Chevron. How do you do it? How do you make simple zig-zagged stripes and shapes look so great?
1. LOVE this ‘Going to the South-West’ sterling silver arrow ring
2. Chevron Zig Zag Print
3. I think this ZigZag Print Bag is b-e-a-utiful! (Especially with the hint of yellow lining inside!)
4. I stand by my love for yellows and grey shades, just like in this Mustard and Gravy Geometric Print.
5. The perfect little Clutch with just the right amount of leather feature.
6. Oh this Slouch Pullover Sweater looks soooooo comfy!
1. I must be wishing for cooler weather, because it’s WAY to hot for this Long Pale Grey Chunky Knit Cowl by Knit Frekkles, but that doesn’t stop me from loving it!
2. Our home phone is still broken so the Vintage Rotary Phone from ArtmaVintage is a totally useful purchase…. right?
3. Oh how I wish these babies weren’t reserved for someone else! (Grey Suede Shearling Winter Desert Boots from Archives Collections)
4. A beautiful Pillow Cover design by Modernality2
5. Who doesn’t love Pinwheels?! (By aubabi78)
6. This Grey Brass Stud Bracelet from Xtra Virgin is the perfect arm party addition….
7. I don’t know why I love little bags like this yellow and grey lattice clutch from Sienna, there is no way I could fit even my wallet inside it, but it’s such a lovely print!
Cue to half a week wearing this colour at work and I have had an even divide in reactions:
1. I so do not need a new wallet but this Handmade Wallet from cottonpurr is so whimsical :)