August 16, 2012 In recipe
Strawberry Butter Recipe
Strawberries and chocolate. I’m pretty sure I could live off those two ingredients until the day I die… granted my life span would probably be significantly shorter as a result of this extra special diet, but I think I’d be okay with it.Okay, so this is my second strawberry related recipe in a row, but c’mon… strawberry butter? Uh…. delicious! This stuff smells so amazing! I never realized that flavoured butter was so easy to make! I’ll definitely be experimenting with different styles and flavours from now on!
What You Need:
1 pint strawberries
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
What You Do:
1. Hull and chop the strawberries
2. In a blender (or a food processor if you’re lucky enough to have one) purée the strawberries and force the purée through a fine sieve into a saucepan.
3. Add honey and lemon juice and bring the mixture to the boil. Stir continuously for 3 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
4. Take the mixture of the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
5. Once cool, cream together the butter and the strawberry mixture together in a bowl.
6. Cover the butter and leave to stand in a cool place for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
I got a little too excited after making this butter, just thinking of all the things I could use it for! I’ll share a couple of recipes that I
came up with over the next couple of weeks, but it obviously can be used as normal butter is. I found that buttered scones were a lovely afternoon snack to start off with….