EAT | Frozen Yogurt & Berry Bars
Oh, hey! Remember me? It’s been a while, but I used to blog around these parts! Where I’ve been is a story for another time, because right now I have something sweet and creamy to distract you from my neglect.
It’s no secret that I have a bit of sweet tooth, which makes it all the harder for me when I try to buckle down and reduce the amount of sweets in my diet. With Christmas practically beating down the door already, I just know the holiday season is going to be the usual cavalcade of cakes, chocolate and candy canes (I’m sure somewhere my dentist is shuddering at the thought!) So I’ve been trying to behave myself… it’s…. kind of lame.
Because I have absolutely no will-power, I have to trick myself into believing that I am still getting that sweet sweet sugar hit I crave so much. Doing this is simple: freeze anything and it gives the impression what you’re eating is a sneaky treat, even if its actually healthy! Add the tangy bite of berries, and you have a winning combination my friend! Take some good old fashioned Greek yogurt, mix in a bit of honey and berries, there ain’t nothing bad for you in these icy snacks!
- 2 cups of greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of berries (fresh or frozen)
- Place the yogurt, honey and vanilla in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Line a small slice tray with baking paper and scatter the berries evenly across the tray.
- Pour the yogurt mixture onto the berries, spreading out across the whole tray making sure that all the berries are covered.
- Place in the freezer overnight to set.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and and allow to sit for 5 minutes before eating. Slice into squares and enjoy!