DIY | Wooden Christmas Wreath
Can we all agree that it is basically Christmas now and so putting up decorations is totally okay? Phew! I’m glad we agreed on that one, now I don’t have to be embarrassed to admit that I put up my tree and decorations around the house today! Hooray! I never love my house more than when it’s all prettied up for the holiday season.
Every year I like to buy a few new decorations to add to my collection. However, this year I am a little strapped for cash, which is not conducive to my expensive taste in decorations. So instead of going for spending big on pricey baubles, I have been getting my crafting on. Like, a lot! I was going to save my Christmas crafts for December, but seeing as we have all agreed that the Christmas season is well and truly upon us, I think it’s as good a time as any to start sharing some crafty goodness; starting with a super stylin beaded wreath tutorial!
| 1. Take a length of wire around 1.5 inches longer than you need.
2. Thread the beads onto the wire. If you are using various colors or sizes, thread the beads in patterns of your liking.
3. Once the beads are all threaded on (still leaving exposed wire at each end), bend the wire into a circle - You may wish to bend the wire around a vase or a glass to help shape it correctly.
4. Secure the the wire by wrapping the exposed wire around itself into a knot. Ensure there are no gaps in between the beads and that the wire is knotted neatly. Trim away any excess wire.
5. Cover the wire knot with a strip of ribbon and tie into a large bow.
6. Hang with a length of string, attached behind the bow.