Christmas Gift Swap 2014
I can’t believe I’m saying this already, but it’s that time of year again: Time for the Annual Christmas Gift Swap! Hooray!! For those of you who are new around here, let me fill you in with the details of our annual event:
The gift swap is all about making new friends and spreading some Christmas cheer! You will be paired up with someone from somewhere else in the world and charged with the mission to find a little somethin’-somethin’ to send to your new friend. Kind of like an International Secret Santa trade! Your gift doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive, it’s just a little token to share some festive joy, and hopefully, make someone smile!
If you would like to take part you will be required to send a Christmas card and small gift to a stranger (and potential new BFF) and you will receive one in return. As a lot of you guys are international, we’re going to keep it small – your gift should be small enough to fit in a small to medium sized envelope (for example; an art print, an ornament, small jewellery etc) but feel free to go bigger if you are feeling generous. In your card you might want to include a little about you – where you are from, blog/website (if you have one), what you are doing for the holidays and a Christmas Message.
Sounds good doesn’t it? To participate, all you need to do is fill in the form below; I need your full name, mailing address, email and preference for local or international swaps. Once everyone is signed up, you will be matched accordingly and I will email you with the details of the person that you’ll be swapping gifts with.
I hope you all decide to take part again this year, but before you do, please take a moment to read over the rules:
- Most importantly: If you sign up, you MUST send a gift. I understand that sometimes things go wrong, so if for any reason you cannot send your card/gift, please let me know immediately so that they can be paired up with a new partner! We don’t want anyone to miss out so I cannot stress this enough!
- You must sign up by Friday 28th November 2014
- I will forward the details of your gift recipient by 30th November 2014
- Your Card/Gift will need to be mailed by the 15th December at the latest – Please remember to allow for additional international postage time if applicable.
- You can expect to spend around $10 - $20 on your card and gift (unless you crafty kids opt for a homemade option) Plus any potential postage costs.
- I will attempt to match you up according to your location preferences, but gift destinations will entirely depend on participants so there are no guarantees as to where you will be posting too.
- All Contact details will only be provided to your swap partner. I will you’re your details private and of course will not use them nefariously (I hate spam as much as you do!)
- This swap is open to international readers, so tell your friends - no matter where they might be!
I will share some gift and card ideas over the coming weeks to give you some inspiration. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment below or drop me a quick email.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED