EAT | Easy Herb and Cheese Pull Apart
It’s been a sugar overload around here lately, so let’s take a beat and instead have something a little more savoury. Let me introduce you to your new best friend: the Cheese & Herb pull apart. It’s quick and easy and can be made with whatever you have floating around in your fridge. Isn’t that the best kind of recipe?
Like many things in life, this recipe is best enjoyed with friends. Not casual acquaintances, actual friends. The kind that you will feel comfortable calling out when they try to steal that bit of cheesy, herby goodness you were eyeing off seconds before they reached for it. Everyone will have their paws all over this meal. There will be mess. There will be greasy fingers. But don’t worry, because it will be awesome.
As far as cheese and herb combinations; feel free to use whatever you have or whatever you like the most. The best part about this dish is that you really can’t go wrong! Try different cheeses! Top with diced up meats! sneak in some spices! The power is yours – go crazy!
1 loaf of crusty bread
Cheese (your choice)
Herbs (ie: basil, parsley)
1. Using a bread knife, slice into the top of the bread: cutting a cross hatch about 3/4 of the depth of the bread. Leave around an inch in between each cut.
2. With a long knife or spatula, generously butter the inside parts of the bread in between the cuts.
3. Roughly chop your choice of herbs and stuff into the cuts in the bread and across the top. (I used parsley and lemon thyme because that’s what I had)
4. Grate your choice of cheese and stuff half deep into the cuts in the bread. Scatter the rest across the top, I used jarlsberg cheese and added extra tasty and parmesan cheese on top.
5. Drizzle the whole thing with olive oil and place in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees celcius. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.