Christmas Gift Swap
Last year we hosted the first of what I hope will be an annual Christmas Gift Swap here on the blog. Everybody involved told me how much they enjoyed the event so we’re holding it again this year!
The gift swap is all about making new friends spreading some Christmas cheer! Your gift and card doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive, feel free to make something yourself or pick up something small from local artists and markets. Just a little gift to give something nice to another person and maybe, just maybe, make a new friend from a faraway land! The internet is obviously an amazing way to meet people from all over the world but there’s something to be said for that feeling you get when you received a package from somewhere exotic!
- If you would like to take part you will be required to send a Christmas card and small gift to a stranger (and potential new BFF) and you will receive one in return.
- As a lot of you guys are international, we’re going to keep it small – your gift should be small enough to fit in a small to medium sized envelope (for example; a small piece of art/drawing, stickers, small earrings etc)
- In your card you might want to include a little about you – where you are from, blog/website if you have one, what you are doing for the holidays and a Christmas Message.
- Fill in the form below to participate; I need your full name, mailing address, email and preference for local or international swaps. Once everyone is signed up you will be matched and I will email you with the person that you’ll be swapping gifts with.
I hope you all decide to take part, but before you do, here are some important things you should know:
- You must sign up by the 22nd November 2013
- I will send the details of your gift recipient by 24th November 2013
- Your Card/Gift will need to be mailed by the 13th December at the latest – Please remember to allow for international postage times if applicable.
- You can expect to spend around $10 - $20 on your card and gift (unless you crafty kids opt for a homemade option) Plus potentially postage costs.
- I will attempt to match you up according to your preferences, but gift destinations will entirely depend on participants so there are no guarantees as to where you will be posting too.
- All Contact details will only be provided to your swap partner. I will you’re your details private and of course will not use them nefariously (I hate spam as much as you do!)
- I understand that sometimes things go wrong, so if for any reason you cannot send your card/gift, please let me know immediately! We don’t want anyone to miss out.
- This swap is open to international readers so tell your friends - no matter where they might be!
I will share some gift and card ideas over the coming weeks to give you some inspiration. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment or drop me a quick email.
THIS GIFT SWAP IS NO LONGER OPEN TO ENTRIES - Sorry if you missed out!