DIY | Animal Thread Organisers
So I decided to do something productive this week, I finally got around to sorting my (multiple) boxes of craft supplies. I’m not all that good at being ‘neat’ with my crafting. As soon as I’m done with a project, I am more likely to sweep everything into a box without actually putting anything away. Sure, it’s fast, but it also leads to everything ending up tangled and mangled. Not so cool.
I came across a box of string and rope and as you can well imagine, it was… a nightmare! The rope and thicker twine was easy enough to deal with, but I had a whole pile of embroidery thread that was in desperate need of organisation. A while back I spotted this awesome DIY String Organizer over at the blog Little White Whale, so obviously I decided to whip up my own version of the project for my horrible pile of mess.
What You Need:
What You Do:
1. Cut rectangles from the card, these can be whatever size you prefer, Mine were about 10cm x 20cm
2. Make a small slit in the side, about 1cm from the bottom of the rectangle. This will serve as an anchor point for the thread. Cut another slit in the opposite side, this time around 3 - 4cm from the top. This will leave area for the head.
3. Cut out ears/head shapes from the space you made at the top of the rectangle. Use a marker to draw on the face.
4. Sort the string and match up similar colours between the card animals and thread.
5. Slide the end of the string into the cut at the bottom of the rectangle, anchoring it. Wrap the rest of the thread around the body of the animal (making a stripey beastie). Tie it off by tethering it into the other cut at the top of the body.
6. Admire your adorable and super organized menagerie of animals. These guys are easy to store away, and if you’ve kept similar colours together, you will easily be able to identify the correct shade at a moments notice. (You know, for those crafting emergencies)