May 8, 2011 In Uncategorized
Spinach & Feta Mini Quiche Recipe
Sometimes, usually when its just me at home, I decide to make up recipes for dinner, and just hope for the best. Last night the boyfriend and I ended up being the only ones at home, and instead of cooking what we had planned for 4 people and having WAY too much food, I raided the fridge and came up with these mini quiches.This recipe is by no means exact, in fact, I just guessed at the quantities of cheese and spinach. Feel free to experiment. I’m pretty sure you could use use any combination of your favorite cheeses and even add any vegetables you happen to have lying around.
A splash of olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 Small onion, finely chopped
Fresh baby spinach, about 2 loosely packed cups or a couple big handfuls
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Feta cheese, crumbled 1/2 cup
Cheddar cheese, shredded 1/4 cup (mozzarella would be even better if you have it)
Parmesan cheese,shredded 1/4 of a cup
2-3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
3 sheets of puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 375˚ and grease a muffin tray VERY WELL (even line with baking paper if you are that patient)
2. Defrost the puff pastry sheets. Once it starts to soften cut into quarter squares and line a muffin tray with the pastry, folding and pressing into the shape of the pan. Roll up the edges.
3. In a medium pan or saucepan, saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil until tender.
4. Add the spinach, coating it in the olive oil mixture and cook until spinach is soft and wilted down. Season with salt and pepper. Add all three cheeses, saving a small amount of Parmesan for sprinkling later, and mix well. Remove from heat.
5. In a medium bowl combine the milk with the eggs and beat well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spoon the spinach mixture into the pastry cups. Then, spoon the beaten eggs and milk over the spinach mixture, lightly stir each one to make sure its all mixed properly. (You may have too much egg mixture)
7. Bake uncovered in the oven for about 15 minute. Sprinkle the extra Parmesan cheese on top, turn the heat down to about 180˚ and bake for another 20-30 minutes until the eggs are set through to the center and the crust and top of the quiche is nicely browned. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
8. Nom Nom Nom :)
8. Nom Nom Nom :)